From Capture to Print; Post Production & Digital Processing
Book with payment of: £250.00
Group info: For group bookings, please enquire
Duration: 1 day
We will learn how to make the most of our digital cameras and capture the best ‘data’ in the files prior to applying some effective post production processing to maximize the quality of our photographs, whether they be intended as prints or for websites like Facebook.
We will start with taking some photographs and learn how to set up the cameras and understand about the way it captures data before moving on to how we can make the most of these images with some post production work in the digital darkroom.
The software I can teach is Adobe Photoshop (or Elements) and Adobe Lightroom.
Please note, payments made via PayPal will incur an additional charge of 2.9% to reflect their transaction fees. If you wish to avoid these please email me and I can supply bank details for direct payments and booking confirmation.This workshop is aimed at those who wish to learn all about post production and digital editing techniques.
What you will learn:
1. How to set up your camera and think ‘digitally’.
2. How to take photographs that are optimized for effective post production work.
3. How to set up your computer’s software preferences for optimal working.
4. How to set up your own photo library to store all your new images and archive all your old ones so you can access them quickly and easily.
5. Raw file processing.
6. Basic editing techniques such as adjustments of Levels, Curves and Saturation.
7. How to do traditional dark room techniques such as ‘dodging’ and ‘burning’ to lighten and darken selective areas of the image.
8. How to work in layers (Photoshop only) for advanced image processing.
9. How to process & blend multiple exposures together.
10. How to make the most of the cloning & spot healing tool.
11. Sharpening your images for web and print.
12. How to decide when and where to make good use of cropping.
13. How to create panoramas with multiple files.
Materials and Equipment:
We will need at least one laptop to work from. If you wish to practice using the photo editing software on the workshop (Photoshop, Lightroom) I recommend you download a free trial version of your chosen software from the Adobe website prior to the workshop-it will be usable for 30 days after download.
If you have any of your own photographs to process it will be more meaningful to use these but I will have samples of my own we can use and which I may use to demonstrate certain techniques for us to practice.
The course runs from 10am until 4pm. However, it can be designed to suit your learning style; if you wish to visit me for two sessions to break it down and practice the skills between sessions that is fine by me.
Please note, payments made via PayPal will incur an additional charge of 2.9% to reflect their transaction fees. If you wish to avoid these please email me and I can supply bank details for direct payments and booking confirmation.